Tuesday, January 22, 2008

anyone out there?

Tonight I did something I rarely do. And by rarely, I mean probably 17 times ever. 17 because that's how many places I've lived in my short life.

I cleaned under my bed. Not that there's junk and dirt and spiders underneath. None of that. There are a few cool rolls of wrapping paper with Rosie the Riveter printed all over, old photos and painting supplies, but the more you shove under there, the more it all gets pushed to the middle - then before you know it Rosie's head is peering out from under your bedskirt.

I found the old iBook collecting dust. It hasn't turned on in about a year. But I pulled it out, and I know I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to command it to come to life.

"Come to life."

And it did right then. And here I am typing on it.

I have a big piece of butcher paper up on my wall and at the top I wrote: I will see the impossible become possible before my very eyes!

And I did tonight.
Isn't that a cool story?

5 comments:

The adventure continues... said...

Rose there is a picture of us in a collage my mom put together on her wall and every time I walk by and see you I think fond thoughts of you. Are we ever going to get together since I only live and hour away from you know? I'm glad to see your blog has been resurrected.

Lc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Timothy said...

Excellent! I pushed that same button quite a few times with no luck, so I'm quite sure that truly the impossible became possible.

I like the blog revamp! Way to kick it off!

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

I have a 'stop' sign, a 'no dumping' sign, and a 'neighborhood watch' sign under my bed courtesy of the WVDOT.

For the record, I didn't steal them. One of my siblings. . .

Timothy said...

I once grabbed a huge BUMP highway sign. I didn't steal it though... I found it walking across a river, several feet under water on the riverbed. So I carried it home and fastened it to the wall in my room.

Those signs are really quite large.