Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jungle vs. Woods


Sometimes, when the Holy Spirit is speaking to me, I hear Him right as I'm waking up, in the in-between.

About two months ago I woke up to one of His rhetorical questions, and I've been thinking about it again today.

Would you rather be at peace in the jungle or lost in the woods?

I could come up with a my answer, with good reasons and guesses as to what He means, but I don't think that's the point. I think He wants me to let the question settle in deep. And I think He wants to use it someway, either to point to my future, or to confirm my past. Or to just let me sit in the tension of it, which He loves and I don't love so much, and let it create a deeper trust in me.

So I'll settle into the tension today, and watch Him fashion my life, and confirm my belonging to Him, no matter what it looks like, jungle or woods.

No comments: